Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sli Graphics Cards Is It Possible To SLI Two Graphics Cards With Different Memory Sizes?

Is it possible to SLI two graphics cards with different memory sizes? - sli graphics cards

I have two GeForce 8600GT cards with 256MB DDR3 a spark and a XpertVision with 512 MB DDR3. Both cards are recognized in Device Manager, System Information NVIDIA, but give no option to support multi-GPU in the NVIDIA Control Panel. I contacted Nvidia and they told me to try to adapt the Coolbits, but that does not work. I have two 7600GS cards in SLI mode running. Please help!

4 comments:

ummer f said...

They had a device on an amendment to the ID card by going to the slower RivaTuner. This is dangerous and can not work.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/graphics/r ...

matt_haw... said...

I think the cards should chipsets identcal sizes and work in SLI.

JuAN LECHE said...

yes they should be the same size in memory and chipsets are the same .. I'm sorry.

ps
ATI Crossfire 4 LIFE!

brazilia... said...

not necessary ... During a visit to the NVIDIA website will tell you more about this ... But when I remember when I was doing my research for my credit card for my SLI setup, I remember, that said you could but the speed is different to buy, where the slowest speed of the two and the same thing with memory, but it could be in the wrong direction. To check the website for the NVIDIA SLI which gives you the information you need to

Post a Comment